Positive affirmations to feel more grateful and Aligned.
With the holidays quickly approaching, it is easy to feel overwhelmed and a little burnt out. Especially since fall brings colder weather and shorter days (who else hates that it’s dark right when your 9-5 day is over?)
However, if you are able to build a deep appreciation for your life, things always seem a bit brighter.
Which is where gratitude comes into play.
Now you may know that practicing gratitude is fairly simple and can have a huge impact on your mental health but how about trying daily gratitude affirmations?
What is a gratitude affirmation?
A gratitude affirmation is a positive statement that you say to yourself in order to increase your overall sense of well-being.
It is based on the premise of the law of attraction.
The law of attraction is the belief that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts you can bring positive or negative experiences into your life.
In other words, you attract what you think about most. In simplest terms, if you want to be happier, you can start by trying to think happy thoughts!
Reciting gratitude affirmations is a great way to start your day off on the right foot or to get out of a funk.
I like to think of them as little reminders throughout the day that help you keep your focus on the positive things in your life. You can use them anytime and anywhere, but I find that the morning is a great time to set the tone for the day.
It only takes a few minutes, but it can make all the difference in your outlook and attitude.
How do gratitude affirmations work?
Gratitude affirmations work by redirecting your focus from negative to positive thinking. This may take a minute to get used to since it’s human nature to dwell on the negative and to take the good things in life for granted.
By reciting affirmations, you are retraining your brain to focus on what is good in your life. It’s a way of increasing your overall happiness by changing your perspective.
Since back to the law of attraction, the more you focus on what you are grateful for, the more good things will come into your life.
It’s simple but can be powerful stuff!
The benefits of practicing gratitude affirmations
When you have big dreams and goals, it’s sometimes easy to ignore all the great things happening around you right now which can lead you down a slippery slope of woe is me. Which doesn’t make life very fun now, does it?
I’m definitely guilty of taking things for granted and gratitude has been a great way to keep me working towards reaching my goals and feeling good about the journey.
By practicing gratitude on a consistent basis, I have definitely seen some of these benefits of gratitude affirmations below and I added a few more that may apply to you:
- Increase your overall happiness
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase your resilience
- Increase your quality of sleep
- Boost your self-esteem
- Improve your mental health
- Increase your productivity
- Improve relationships
So yu see, it is worth a shot to give it a go!
Tips for getting the most out of positive affirmations
1. Make them specific to you
When you are creating your affirmations, make sure that they resonate with you on a personal level.
The more connected you are to the words, the more powerful they will be.
2. Write them down
Writing your affirmations down is a great way to make them even more powerful.
Physically writing them out and getting them out of your head makes them so much more real. Since then it is no longer just a thought.
You can even keep them in a journal or on a vision board to help you visualize your goals.
3. Repeat them daily
For affirmations to be effective, you need to repeat them on a daily basis. They have to be front of mind.
So make them a part of your morning routine.
Or another option is to set reminders throughout your day that have your gratitude affirmations pop up on your phone to help you stay focused on your goals.
4. Believe them
This may seem like common sense, but it’s important to actually believe what you are saying.
If you don’t believe your affirmations, they won’t be effective.
While gratitude is a great tool to help you feel good about your journey, gratitude affirmations can help you feel great about what is coming up on the journey toward your goals.
You need to put your doubts and negative thinking aside and believe that you can achieve what you want. It’ll make taking those next few steps forward that much easier.
5. Let go of the negative
It’s important to let go of any negative thoughts or beliefs that are holding you back.
If you are constantly doubting yourself, your affirmations will be ineffective.
You need to truly believe in yourself and your ability to achieve your goals.
6. Take action
Affirmations are a great way to increase your motivation and focus, but they won’t do the work for you.
You still need to take action by creating a plan and putting in the effort to make your goals a reality.
7. Be patient
Change doesn’t happen overnight, so don’t expect to see results immediately.
It takes time and consistency to see results, so be patient and keep up the good work! It’s really about those small micro-actions that you take on a daily basis that compound to massive results.
If you’re new to the gratitude game and aren’t sure where to start, you can grab a copy of my 30-day gratitude challenge. You can always create an affirmation out of the daily gratitude prompt.
You can read more about the gratitude challenge ideas here.
99 Gratitude Affirmations
You may have 99 problems but feeling grateful isn’t one of them anymore. I would recommend picking a few of these that speak to you or of course, create your own and comment them below!
You definitely don’t want to read them off like a laundry list.
So let’s dive in so you can start seeing the positive effects of practicing gratitude affirmations!
1. I am grateful for my health and well-being.
2. I am grateful for my family and friends.
3. I am grateful for my present moment, even if it’s not exactly what I want, because it’s teaching me patience and appreciating the good times even more.
4. I am grateful for my job and career.
5. I am grateful for my education and knowledge.
6. I am grateful for the happy times because they remind me that life is worth living and that good things do happen.
7. I am grateful for the journey to becoming a different version of myself
8. I am grateful for all the relationships in my life because each one has something special to offer.
9. I am grateful that a simple deep breath can make all the difference when life is overwhelming.
10. I am grateful for the kind words that have been said to me.
11. I am grateful for this moment, right now.
12. I am grateful for the air I breathe.
13. I am grateful for this tea that warms the soul.
14. I am grateful for my senses – sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch.
15. I am grateful for my intelligence and imagination.
16. I am grateful for my courage and strength because they help me overcome my fears.
17. I am grateful for my ability to love and be loved.
18. I am grateful for my strength and courage.
19. I am grateful for my ability to persevere.
20. I am grateful for the mistakes I made and will make because they were opportunities to learn and grow.
21. I am grateful for my compassion and empathy.
22. I am grateful for the little moments that make life so special.
23. I am grateful for takeout, food delivery, and restaurants so I don’t always have to cook.
24. I am grateful for my ability to forgive and forget.
25. I am grateful for my willingness to let go of the past.
26. I am grateful for my ability to express gratitude.
27. I am grateful for Amazon and other online retailers (like Lauraly Limited).
28. I am grateful that I’ve been given this dream in my heart.
29. I am grateful for my ability to see the good in people and situations.
30. I am grateful for my ability to find the silver lining in every cloud.
31. I am grateful for my flexibility and adaptability.
32. I am grateful for my resourcefulness.
33. I am grateful for being able to travel and experience different cultures and parts of the world.
34. I am grateful for the learning and growth that comes from chasing my dreams because it helps me get one step closer to that dream.
35. I am grateful for my self-confidence and self-esteem.
36. I am grateful for my independence and autonomy.
37. I am grateful for the unconditional love that I’ve experienced.
38. I am grateful for my favorite affirmations because they’ve given me a sense of pride and satisfaction.
39. I am grateful for my love of nature and animals.
40. I am grateful for the beauty that surrounds me.
41. I am grateful for the music that moves me.
42. I am grateful for the art that inspires me.
43. I am grateful for the books that enlighten me.
44. I am grateful that I am becoming the best version of myself.
45. I am grateful for all the positive people in my life and the positive energy they bring.
46. I am grateful for the time spent with my family and the unconditional love I receive from them.
47. I am grateful for the simple joys in life.
48. I am grateful that the start of the day can include a morning routine where I focus on myself.
49. I am grateful that the end of each day brings new opportunities and a time to reflect and grow.
50. I am grateful for the support of others.
51. I am grateful for what I have and the feelings of gratitude that come with knowing I have all I need.
52. I am grateful for the progress I’ve made, even if it’s only small steps.
53. I am grateful for each new day and all the possibilities it brings.
54. I am grateful for my good health and the health of my loved ones.
55. I am grateful for my future and all the adventures yet to come.
56. I am grateful for self love and the ability to love myself unconditionally.
57. I am grateful for the good and bad times because they’ve both made me who I am today.
58. I am grateful for my natural beauty and talent that I have to present to the world.
59. I am grateful that I have access to clean water.
60. I am grateful for my pain and suffering because they’ve helped me appreciate the good times more.
61. I am grateful for my happiness and joy because they make life worth living.
62. I am grateful for my love and compassion because they make me a better person.
63. I am grateful for my sense of humor.
64. I am grateful for my wisdom and knowledge because they give me a better understanding of life.
65. I am grateful for my friends and family because they’re always there for me.
66. I am grateful for all the wonderful things I have going on in my life and what is to come.
67. I am grateful for blankets to keep me warm and cozy,
68. I am grateful for my spiritual beliefs and practices because they bring peace and comfort to my life.
69. I am grateful for the holidays we are able to celebrate.
70. I am grateful for Netflix and my favorite TV shows that bring me joy.
71. I am grateful for freedom and speech.
72. I am grateful that human beings are able to express their individuality and create.
73. I am grateful for the powerful impact my role models have had on me.
74. I am grateful for my creative energy,
75. I am grateful for laughter and how it can make my entire day.
76. I am grateful for my best friend.
77. I am grateful that I have a job that helps me live a comfortable life.
78. I am grateful for my self-discipline and self-control.
79. I am grateful that a simple practice of gratitude can make all the difference.
80. I am grateful for daily affirmation prompts to get me started.
81. I am grateful for electricity so I don’t have to sit in the dark.
82. I am grateful for the ability to take pictures to capture some of life’s best moments.
83. I am grateful for my past, even though it wasn’t always easy or fun because it’s made me who I am today.
84. I am grateful for my future and all the adventures yet to come because they give me something to look forward to and something to strive for.
85. I am grateful for my home and shelter.
86. I am grateful to have the ability to choose, pivot, and explore new passions.
87. I am grateful for my life, even though it’s not perfect, because it’s mine and I get to choose what I do with it.
88. I am grateful for the love and support of those around me because they make me feel valued and appreciated.
89. I am grateful for chocolate and sweets.
90. I am grateful for my talents and abilities.
91. I am grateful for each new day because it gives me a chance to start fresh and make the most of my life.
92. I am grateful for my ability to love and be loved because it’s the greatest gift I could ever receive.
93. I am grateful for my positive attitude.
94. I am grateful for those who have shown me love and kindness because they’ve made a difference in my life.
95. I am grateful for those who have been difficult or challenging in my life because they’ve helped me to grow and learn more about myself.
96. I am grateful for my blessings.
97. I am grateful for yesterday, today and tomorrow.
98. I am grateful for holidays, birthdays, weddings, and other reasons to celebrate throughout the year.
99. I am grateful for each new day and all the possibilities it brings because it gives me a chance to start fresh and make my life exactly what I want it to be.
There is always something to be thankful for in your life.
As I write this blog post on my new Mac at night, under a nice warm cozy blanket listening to the rain outside, there are many things I can express gratitude for.
Sometimes it is the little things like a blanket or electricity that make all the difference because not every day is going to be rainbows and butterflies.
But even on your darkest days, try to find the good that surrounds you.
I promise it will significantly help your mental wellbeing and shine some light into your world.
By repeating these affirmations, you can train your mind to focus more on the positive, which can lead to increased levels of happiness and satisfaction.
Using gratitude affirmations is relatively simple – all you need to do is choose the affirmation (or affirmations) that resonate with you, and repeat them to yourself on a daily basis. The more you repeat them, the more impact they will have. You can say them out loud or silently in your head; it’s really up to you.
Until next time,
More Posts on Affirmations
- 55 positive affirmations to build confidence and self esteem
- 100+ Empowering Daily Affirmations for Women [to soar to new highs]
- 40 Positive Affirmations for Wellness and Healthy Living