Practice these wellness affirmations daily to increase your overall well-being.
You may know the importance of exercising and eating well to live a healthy lifestyle but did you know that positive affirmations can assist in this area of our lives as well?
After all, mindset can be a driving force in any aspect of your life. I know that when I’m feeling blah, I’m way less likely to exercise or eat right. I just want to sit on the couch, watching Netflix, and eat whatever comfort food I could find.
Since mindset is at the forefront of everything, it can of course also assist in your wellness goals.
Affirmations are one of my favorite mindset tools because it is so easy to get started and simple to practice.
Time is of the essence for many of us so I’m always looking for ways to maximize my time in a way that is going to help me uplevel in my life, relationships and career.
I’m a big believer in using affirmations because they are an extremely effective way to change our mindset and strengthen our beliefs about ourselves.
Positive affirmations can help us focus on the positive aspects of our lives while letting go of negative thoughts that might be holding us back.
When we focus on the good, we attract more good into our lives.
What are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are positive statements that we repeat to ourselves on a daily basis.
These statements can be about anything that we want to improve in our lives such as our health, relationships, career, or finances.
The goal is to program our minds with positive thoughts so that we can overcome any negative thinking patterns that might be holding us back.
Some people might think that affirmations are cheesy or too “woo-woo” but the truth is that they are extremely powerful and can help to change our lives in a very positive way.
I like to think of affirmations as little seeds that we plant in our minds that grow and blossom over time.
You won’t see the growth right away but before you know it, you’ll have a beautiful plant.
The Benefits of Affirmations
Affirmations are not just positive statements that we repeat to ourselves – they are much more than that.
When we say our affirmations out loud (or even better – write them down), we are planting that thought into our subconscious mind.
Slowly but surely you will start to believe it. Repetition is how you perfect anything after all.
The same goes for our thoughts. When we are constantly telling ourselves that we are healthy and amazing, eventually our habits and thoughts will reflect that naturally.
The more we repeat our affirmations, the more they will stick and become a natural thought of yours.
But let’s talk about the benefits if you aren’t convinced of the power of affirmations.
1. They help to reprogram our negative thinking patterns
If you find yourself constantly thinking negative thoughts about yourself, your affirmations will help to counterbalance these negative thoughts and create new, positive ones. It is a great place to start since many of us are our own worst critics. I know I beat myself up waaayyyy more than anyone else I know.
It is going to take some time. After all, you’ve probably had these negative thoughts for quite some time but be consistent and you’ll see the results.
They increase our self-confidence and self-esteem
As we start to believe our affirmations on a deeper level, we will start to feel more confident about ourselves and our abilities.
Those negative thoughts will naturally go away and be replaced with more, loving thoughts.
They help us to manifest our desires
When we focus on what we want (rather than what we don’t want), we are much more likely to attract it into our lives.
When you are consistently saying your affirmations then you are putting them out there in the universe. I know I am getting a tad too woo-woo but it is similar to setting intentions for the day.
For example, if your affirmation is that you eat food to nourish your body, you may be more drawn to eating nutritious food because it is on your mind.
They help us to stay focused on our goals
It’s easy to get sidetracked and lose sight of our goals but if we have a daily reminder in the form of an affirmation, it will be much easier to stay focused.
With goals, sometimes we need that extra motivation and affirmations can give you the boost you need.
They reduce stress and anxiety
By repeating positive affirmations to ourselves, we can help to lower our stress levels and feel more calm and relaxed.
After all, you are no longer beating yourself up. You can tell yourself that you are grateful for where you are now and the steps you are taking to better yourself.
It can definitely help you feel ‘behind’ or that you aren’t where you are supposed to be.
They improve our mood
When we focus on positive thoughts, it naturally improves our mood and overall outlook on life. It is a form of self-love.
And when you love yourself, you are going to feel happier and more grateful.
Tips on How to use Positive Affirmations in your Daily Life
One of the best things about affirmations is that they are extremely easy to use and can be incorporated into your daily life in a variety of different ways.
Here are some tips on how to get started:
Find some affirmations that resonate with you
There are literally thousands of different affirmations out there so take some time to find ones that really resonate with you and your current situation.
If you are saying affirmations that don’t resonate then your mindset isn’t going to change and you’re just wasting your time so make sure you take the time to think about the affirmations.
What hits home?
Make them specific
The more specific your affirmations are, the better. For example, rather than saying “I am healthy”, try “I move my body daily”.
This way you have specific and actionable ways that you can start working towards a more positive mindset.
Keep them positive
It’s important to only use positive affirmations so that you are programming your mind with positive thoughts. Avoid using any negative words such as “don’t”, “won’t” or “can’t”.
Repeat them regularly
The more you repeat your affirmations, the more they will take root in your subconscious mind. A good way to do this is to incorporate them into your routine. I personally like to say my affirmations in the morning as part of my morning routine. That way I can start the day off on the right foot and get my mindset in check.
If you are new to the morning routine game, I have a checklist that may help!
Believe in them
In order for your affirmations to be effective, you need to truly believe them.
One tactic is to not go from zero to a hundred. You may have to start with affirmations that start with “I am becoming …” This way, logically you know it is still a work in progress but you are giving yourself the space to grow and develop.
It takes time for affirmations to take effect so don’t expect to see results overnight. You are trying to reprogram your mind after all and you’re smart! So that isn’t going to be easy.
Remember, repetition and consistency are key here. Slowly but surely, you’ll start to believe these awesome things about yourself that are already true!
Just keep doing your best and trust that the Universe will do the rest. (a little poetry there)
40 wellness-related affirmations
1. I am grateful for my health.
2. I love taking care of my body.
3. I am worthy of a healthy and happy life.
4. I am strong and capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.
5. I deserve to be happy and healthy.
6. I control my mindset
7. I am open to receiving all the good that life has to offer.
8. I am grateful for my beautiful and healthy body.
9. I release all negative thoughts and emotions that are no longer serving me.
10. I choose to focus on the positive.
11. I am grateful for my many blessings.
12. I am committed to living a healthy and happy life.
13. I am capable of making healthy choices that support my well-being.
14. I am worthy of love, happiness, and success.
15. Every day is a new opportunity to make healthy choices
16. My hard work is paying off, and I am seeing positive results.
17. I am proud of myself for taking care of my body and mind.
18. I am grateful for the progress I have made.
19. I am excited to continue on my journey to wellness.
20. I am one of a kind
21. I am creating the life of my dreams.
22. Everything is working out in my favor.
23. I attract only positive and beneficial people and circumstances into my life
24. I am surrounded by an abundance of love, joy, and happiness.
25. I am infinitely capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.
26. I radiate beauty, health, and vitality.
27. My relationship with myself is loving, nurturing, and supportive.
28. I am abundant in all areas of my life.
29. I am worthy of an amazing and fulfilling life.
30. I am grateful for the progress I have made on my journey to wellness.
31. I am excited to continue living a healthier and happier life.
32. I am grateful for a healthy, strong body that carries me through my day
33. I deserve to take time for myself
34. My body is perfect just the way it is
35. My body is my biggest supporter, without it, I cease to exist
36. I deserve nothing but the best
37. The food that I choose is balanced and supports my lifestyle
38. I exercise to honor my body
39. I set boundaries to reduce overwhelm in my life
40. I am a good person.
Affirmations are a powerful tool that can help you to create positive change in your life. When used correctly, they can help to reprogram your subconscious mind and manifest your desires into reality. If you are looking to improve your health, happiness, or overall well-being, I encourage you to give affirmations a try.
Remember to be patient, believe in yourself, and focus on the positive. With a little effort, you can create lasting change and achieve your goals.
Until next time,
More Posts on Affirmations
- 55 positive affirmations to build confidence and self esteem
- 65 Goal Affirmations to Help you Reach Your Dream Life Faster
- 100+ Empowering Daily Affirmations for Women [to soar to new highs]